Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Recipe


The Search for the Perfect Cookie



When I first became Gluten-free, I struggled over the holidays to find a sugar cookie recipe that worked. Many of the ones I tried came out of packages and were admittedly temperamental.

Everything had to be just so, or they wouldn't turn out. Often, they cookies would spread out over the entire tray and look like boiled dough.

Finally, I started experimenting with this recipe. Originally it was a normal, Gluten-filled recipe. I began substituting ingredients and it worked like a charm. It turns out perfect every time.

The Recipe

Beat Until Creamy:
  • 1 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
  • 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
Add and Beat Well:
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
  • 4 Cups Flour (I use White Rice Flour)

The secret is to bake the dough right away. Do not refrigerate!

Roll out and bake at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes (I like mine soft at around 9 min) on a greased cookie sheet.

A single batch makes about 30 cookies 3 inches in diameter or up to 100 smaller cookies.

Frosting

Beat Together:
  • 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoon Melted Butter
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
  • 1 Tablespoon Milk (any variety will do)
  • Food Coloring (Optional)
To frost a single batch of cookies, I highly recommend at least a double batch of frosting.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chaos: my 2023 word of the year

an impromptu trip to florida

Top Ten Favorite Writing Resources