back to school

this is the beginning of my 22nd year of school. wow. 

i've spent more time studying and learning in my life than anything else. i still overcommit. i still sign up for too many classes. i still buy too many books. and i still love shopping for school supplies. i mean, who can resist those sparkly planners that are unmarked? color-coding must release some kind of dopamine, because i really love it. 

this year, i want school to work for me. i want to focus my studies on what interests me most. i want to prioritize my health. i want to enjoy my days. i hope to make an attempt at having a sleep schedule and maybe keep my room clean? 

the older i get, the more i want to enjoy my life. my tendency is to plan the wonder and adventure out of my life. and while i will never stop planning, i think i can let myself breathe a little more, after all, i know what i'm doing.  

so here's to another school year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chaos: my 2023 word of the year

Top Ten Favorite Writing Resources

Lord, have mercy.