pain is:

 pain is:

              -messy

              -comes in inconvenient moments

              -disregards my emotions

              -everywhere, nowhere, and in that one place

              -sits with me all night

              -lightning in my body

              -unseen inflammation

              -hungry for more of me

  -the desire to crawl in a hole

  -feeling like bare minimum requires everything

              -feeling like i haven’t done enough

              -the inability to do any more

              -an unmet expectation

              -plans that get rescheduled

              -days without income

              -a furrowed brow

              -a clenched jaw

              -a gasp

              -tears that won’t come

              -until i can’t imagine my future without it

              -a reminder that i am still alive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chaos: my 2023 word of the year

Top Ten Favorite Writing Resources

Lord, have mercy.