A Glimpse Into My Brain

Every once in a while, I ask myself a lot of questions. As of late, these include:

1. How does God restore me when I fail Him?

2. Do I truly love the Lord?

3. Am I satisfied with unholy living?

4. When was the last time I truly worshipped God?

5. Why has my life become so shallow?

6. How do I get depth back?


It has been interesting to note my answers to these questions as I write them in my journal. One question in particular has been on my mind:

7. Does the truth really matter to me?

I realized that the truth is what I'm preparing to spend my life focused on. I'm hoping to major in Biblical studies and minor in Philosophy. It is a big, but worthwhile commitment.

This past year, I've sincerely enjoyed reading widely and learning about what other people believe. It's brought me great pleasure to see the world from different perspectives, and I look forward to solidifying and expanding on this burgeoning passion of mine in college.

I am still committed to truth, maybe even more so now than ever. Yet, there I had some trepidation about whether or not I was making the right decision.


Today I ran across a quote on Twitter that I loved:

"Who are the true philosophers? Those whose passion is to love the truth." - Plato


It made me smile. In my heart, there is a part of me that is a philosopher, albeit a novice one.


I hope you'll ask yourself a good question today and answer it honestly (it could change your life),

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chaos: my 2023 word of the year

an impromptu trip to florida

Top Ten Favorite Writing Resources