Where I Find My Inspiration for Creativity



 This Week's Art Project

I am currently taking an art class. Last Tuesday, we had to draw in the shape of an egg where we went for inspiration. My depiction is the picture to the left.

I couldn't decide on just one place that inspired me, so I drew many places.









My list of things/places included:

-Looking at the night time sky
-Playing in the snow
-Playing in a rain puddle
-Going fishing at the lake
-Reading a book at the table
-Reclining on my bed
-Taking a shower
-Working at a Christmas tree farm
-Taking a walk
-Picking flowers
-At night

The question mark in the middle of the painting is for the places that I have yet to find.


Then, our teacher had us select one of those plastic eggs you can hide in the house without worrying about it getting lost and smelling the next week, or hide things (like your own private stash of candy in). Her assignment was for us to fill it with items that represented the places in our picture, the places we go for inspiration.

This is what my egg looked like empty.






Here's what it looked like full.

Here is everything inside the egg laid out
I placed a total of five items inside my egg (pictured above). They include:

- A tiny pillow I've had forever (represents my comfy bed)
- A blue paper book (represents reading at the table)
- A piece of soap (represents the shower)
- A plastic fish (represents fishing at the lake)
- A green tip from a branch of a Christmas tree (represents working at the Christmas tree farm/walking in the woods)


What inspires your creativity? Let me know in the comments below!

- Have a great day full of inspiration and flowing creative juices!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chaos: my 2023 word of the year

an impromptu trip to florida

Top Ten Favorite Writing Resources