Gluten Free Maple Bars With A Maple Glaze

These were birthed out of a craving for the luscious maple bars in my local bakery. I hadn't had them in five years, and had decided it was high time for the treat. Whipping these together was surprisingly quick and easy.

After I made them the frosting for the first time, I started to wonder how it would taste on chocolate cupcakes or sugar cookies. I haven't tried any of those combinations yet, but there are definitely possibilities to play around with.

Mix Together:

  • 4 eggs (whisked)
  • 1 ¾ Cup Rice Flour
  • 2 tbsp. coconut flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ Cup maple syrup
  • ¼ Cup Melted Butter
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. Salt

Fill lined muffin tins half full

Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes.


Frosting: Mix to taste

  • 2 heaping cups powdered sugar
  • 6 quick pours maple syrup (1 pour = 2 tbsp)
  • ½ stick butter (1/4 cup)
  • 1 Tsp. Vanilla
  • Milk to consistency

Happy snacking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chaos: my 2023 word of the year

an impromptu trip to florida

Top Ten Favorite Writing Resources